Past qNMR Summits
5th qNMR Summit - October 2019
The fifth qNMR Summit 2019 was held on October 2+3, 2019 at the Headquarters of the United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) in Rockville, MD (USA). It was co-organized by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) and the Center for National Product Technologies (CENAPT) of the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy. The event organizers were Anton Bzhelyansky (USP), Yang Liu (USP), and Guido Pauli (UIC).
Wednesday and Thursday, Oct. 2+3, 2019: the two-day
qNMR Summit 2019 program involved presentations and ample time for interaction and discussions on all aspects of qNMR.
qNMR Summit 2019 was be held at the USP Headquarters in Rockville, MD (U.S.A.)
Friday, Oct. 4, 2019: a one-day
NMR Validation Workshop, was organized by the
ValidNMR Group and held nearby at Steelyard Analytics in Gaitherburg (MD).
qNMR Symposium - October 2018
The qNMR Symposium 2018 to celebrate the founding of the qNMR Japan Committee was held on October 31 in Tokyo (Japan) at the Fujifilm/Wako Principal Office in Tokyo (Japan). The event was hosted by T. Miura (Fujifilm/Wako) and T. Fujimoto (Jeol, Japan) and consisted of a one-day program.
4th qNMR Summit - October 2018
The fourth qNMR Summit 2018 was hosted by U. Holzgrabe at the University of Wuerzburg (Germany). The two-day program included the following topics and a poster section:
- Wednesday, Oct. 10: qNMR Workshop, Automatic qNMR Workshop; Session on Regulatory Affairs and qNMR
- Thursday, Oct. 11: The USP Perspective, Short talks on qNMR topics, Session on Low-field NMR in qNMR, Open discussions on comparison studies and validation
3rd qNMR Summit - January 2018
The third qNMR Summit 2018 was held on January 29+30 in Tokyo (Japan), at Marunouchi Oazo, Fukuracia Oazo 16th floor. The event was hosted by T. Fujimoto (Jeol, Japan) and T. Miura (Fujifilm, formerly Wako, Japan).
- Monday, Jan. 29, 13:30 pm:
International qNMR Forum:
Working toward ISO - Understanding NMR Standards in the World
- Tuesday, Jan. 30 a.m.:
USP qNMR Symposium: NMR and qNMR in the Pharmacopeial Context
- Tuesday, Jan. 30 p.m.:
International qNMR Symposium: qNMR in Pharmaceutical Science - Present and Future
Copy of the 1st Circular of the 3rd qNMR Summit 2018
qNMR Symposium - November 2017
The qNMR Symposium 2017 was hosted as qNMR Day 2017 on November 24 at the the Politecnico at the University of Bari in Italy. The webpage of the qNMR Day 2017 includes presentations available for download. The chair was Vito Gallo, who worked in cooperation with colleagues from the Gruppo Italiano Discussione Resonanze Magnetiche (GIDRM).
- Many of the
presentations are available for download here.
- Speakers at the qNMR Day 2017 were: Maurizio Bettinelli (UNICHIM, Italy), Kim Colson (Bruker, USA), James Donarski (Fera, UK), Vito Gallo (Politecnico di Bari, Italy), Patrick Jonas (Spectral Service, Germany), Michael Maiwald (Fed. Inst. Mater. Res. Test., BAM, Germany), Michael Bernstein (Mestrelab, Spain), Toro Miura (Wako Pure Chemical Industries, Japan), Marcus Obkircher (Sigma-Aldrich, Switzerland), Torsten Schoenberger (Forensic Science Institute, Germany), and Takako Suematsu (Jeol, Japan)
2nd qNMR Summit - March 2017
The second qNMR Summit 2017 was held on March 16+17 at the Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM), Branch Adlershof, Richard-Willstätter-Str. 11, in Berlin (Germany). Info and registration links qNMR Summit 2017. The chair was Michael Maiwald of BAM.
1st qNMR Summit - October 2016
The inaugural qNMR Summit 2016 was held on October 6+7, 2016 at the Headquarters of the United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) in Rockville, MD (USA). It was organized by Gabriel Giancaspro and Anton Bzhelyansky of USP and Guido Pauli of the Center for Natural Product Technologies (CENAPT) of the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy.
- Thursday, October 6, 2016, morning: qNMR Background & Perspectives and qNMR at USP
- Thursday, October 6, 2016, afternoon: qNMR at Large and Small Molecule NMR in Pharmacy
- Friday, October 7, 2016, morning: Flash Presentations & Flash Discussion of qNMR Theory and Flash Presentations & Flash Discussion of qNMR Practice
- Friday, October 7, 2016, afternoon: Workgroup I: Theory-to-Practice Perspective and Workgroup II: Practice-to-Application Perspective
Copy of The qPackage, a 32-page Guidebook for Participants of the 1st qNMR Summit
qNMR Foundation Meeting - June 2016
The qNMR Foundation Meeting was held on June 10, 2016, in Cologne (Germany) and was organized by Bernd Diehl at Spectral Service AG.
Bernd Diehl, Spectral Service: Welcome
- 10:10 Torsten Schönberger, Bundeskriminalamt (BKA): What's going on in PANIC's NMR Validation Group?
- 10:20 Markus Obkircher, Alexander Rück, Merck/Sigma-Aldrich: qNMR under ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO Guide 34
- 10:50 Michael Maiwald, Bundesanstalt für Material-forschung und –prüfung (BAM): qNMR metrology and "primary" reference
- 11:10 Tanja Beyer, Spectral Service: Round Robin Test: Do you know the performance of your qNMR method?
- 11:15 Elina Zailer, Spectral Service: Round Robin Test: Edible and Krill Oil Analysis
- 11:30 Bernd Diehl, Spectral Service: qNMR – an independent discipline
- 13:30 Torsten Schönberger, Bundeskriminalamt (BKA): Improving the Performance of qNMR Evaluation by a Hybrid Approach: Integration & Deconvolution
- 13:50 Patrick Jonas, Spectral Service and Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg: The importance of the relaxation time for qNMR
- 14:10 Mike Bernstein, Mestrelab ResearchProcessing and analysis data for qNMR: steps and challenges to higher throughput
- 14:30 Stephan Schwarzinger, FZ BIOmac - Universität Bayreuth und ALNuMed GmbH: Quantification by statistical methods?
- 14:40 Frank Malz, Fraunhofer LBF: Quantitative NMR in polymer analysis
qNMR Session at PANIC - February 2016
During the PANIC NMR Conference 2016 in Houston (TX), a session on qNMR was held in the afternoon of February 16, 2016.